Clause 1 of IEC 61439-1:2020 is applicable except as follows.
This part of IEC 61439 defines the specific requirements for Assemblies for the following applications: marinas, camping sites, market squares and electric vehicle charging stations as follows:
- Assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC;
- Assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- Assemblies operated by ordinary persons (e.g. to plug and unplug of electrical equipment);
- Assemblies intended to be installed and used in market squares, marinas, camping sites and other similar sites accessible to the public including temporary installations;
- Assemblies intended for charging stations for electric vehicles (AEVCS) for Mode 3 and Mode 4. They are designed to integrate the functionality and additional requirements for electric vehicle conductive charging systems according to IEC 61851-1:2017.
NOTE 1 Throughout this document, the terms AMHS (see 3.1.701), ACCS (see 3.1.702), AMPS (see 3.1.703), AEVCS (see 3.1.704) are used for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies intended for use respectively in marinas and similar locations (AMHS), camping sites and similar locations (ACCS), market squares and other similar external public sites (AMPS) and charging stations (AEVCS). The term assemblies is used for indicating all these boards.
This standard is not applicable to assemblies intended to be installed on board of ships, houseboats, pleasure crafts and similar vessels.
For the correct selection of the switching devices and components, the following standards apply:
- IEC 60364-7-709 (AMHS) or
- IEC 60364-7-708 (ACCS) or
- IEC 60364-7-740 (AMPS) or
- IEC 60364-7-722 (AEVCS).
This document applies to all assemblies whether they are designed, manufactured and verified on a one-off basis or fully standardised and manufactured in quantity.
The manufacturing and/or assembling may be carried out other than by the original manufacturer (see 3.10.1 of IEC 61439-1:2020).
This document does not apply to individual devices and self-contained components such as circuit breakers, fuse switches, electronic equipment, which comply with their relevant product standards.
NOTE 2 Where electrical equipment is directly connected to public low-189 voltage supply system and equipped with an energy meter for billing of the legal provider of the low-voltage supply, additional particular requirements based on national regulations apply, if any.
This document does not apply to boxes and enclosures for electrical accessories for household and similar fixed electrical installations as defined in IEC 60670-24.