This part of IEC 63044 provides the electrical safety requirements related to the HBES/BACS
network in addition to the product safety standards for HBES/BACS devices.
It also applies to devices used within an HBES/BACS network for which no specific
HBES/BACS product safety standard exists.
In addition, it defines safety requirements for the interface of equipment intended to be
connected to an HBES/BACS network. It does not apply to interfaces to other networks.
NOTE An example of other networks is a dedicated ICT network covered by IEC 62949.
This document is applicable to
– operator stations and other human–system interface devices,
– devices for management functions,
– control devices, automation stations and application-specific controllers,
– field devices and their interfaces, and
– cabling and interconnection of devices
used within a dedicated HBES/BACS network.
This document covers the following requirements and compliance criteria:
• protection from hazards in the device;
• protection from overvoltages on the network;
• protection from touch current;
• protection from hazards caused by different types of circuit;
• protection of the communication wiring from overheating caused by excessive current.