IEC 63044-5-1:2017 is a product family standard that sets the minimum level of EMC performance for the HBES/BACS network in addition to the product EMC standards for HBES/BACS devices. It also applies to devices used within an HBES/BACS network for which no specific HBES/BACS product EMC standard exists. In addition, it defines EMC requirements for the interface of equipment intended to be connected to an HBES/BACS network. It does not apply to interfaces to other networks.
NOTE An example of other networks is a dedicated ICT network covered by CISPR 22 and 23.
This document provides general performance requirements and test set-ups. This document is applicable (but not limited) to:
- operator stations and other human-system interface devices,
- devices for management functions,
- control devices, automation stations and application-specific controllers,
- field devices and their interfaces,
- cabling and interconnection of devices,
used within a dedicated HBES/BACS network.