1.1 Scope of EN 1999-1-3
(1) This document gives the basis for the design of aluminium alloy structures subject to fatigue in the ultimate limit state.
(2) This document gives rules for:
- safe life design;
- damage tolerant design;
- design assisted by testing.
(3) This document does not cover pressurized containment vessels or pipework.
(1) The general assumptions of EN 1990 apply.
(2) The provisions of EN 1999-1-1 apply.
(3) EN 1999-1-3 is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1990, EN 1991 (all parts), relevant parts in EN 1992 to EN 1999, EN 1090-1 and EN 1090-3 for requirements for execution, and ENs, EADs and ETAs for construction products relevant to aluminium structures.