This document is applicable to new manufactured tags after publication of this document.
This document aims to:
- provide specification for RFID tag manufacturers to design and manufacture passive UHF RFID tags for the aeronautical industry;
- identify required performances for UHF RFID tags in order to be read/written during ground operations only, while being subject to the global flight environment;
- identify functional and environmental validation tests to be performed on passive UHF RFID tags with associated pass/fail criteria as well as associated test methods;
- check functionalities and resistance to environment for airborne passive UHF RFID tags.
This document does not apply to:
- the reader (interrogator – readers). It will be addressed appropriately by individual applicants;
- active RFID devices or battery assisted passive (BAP) RFID devices;
- RFID tags designed to operate outside the 860 MHz to 960 MHz frequency range.