This document provides requirements for electrical safety for:
- dead working on an overhead contact line system;
- working activities near an overhead contact line system when it is live.
It applies to all work activities in relation to electrical hazards only.
This document is applicable to overhead contact line systems with the following nominal voltages:
- 1,5 kV and 3 kV dc;
- 15 kV, 2x15 kV, 25 kV and 2x25 kV ac.
It also provides requirements for work activities that can give rise to electrical hazards from the return circuit.
This document does not cover electrical risk arising from:
- live working on overhead contact line systems (live working can be carried out according to national requirements and practices);
- working on or near other electrical sources.
If there are no other rules or procedures, this document could be applied to overhead contact line systems with other nominal voltages.