IEC 61547:2020 which deals with electromagnetic immunity requirements, applies to lighting equipment which is within the scope of IEC technical committee 34, including apparatus such as lamps, luminaires, and modules. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2009. This edition constitutes a technical revision This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- extension of scope with end-user replaceable modules and the combination of end-user replaceable module and independent auxiliary;
- clarification of module testing in a host system;
- increased ESD and surge test levels for road and street lighting equipment;
- the introduction of ESD testing under normal operation and handling conditions;
- removal of line to ground surge test for self-ballasted lamps ≤ 25 W.