IEC TS 62898-2:2018+AMD1:2023 provides guidelines for operation of microgrids. Microgrids considered in this document are alternating current (AC) electrical systems with loads and distributed energy resources (DER) at low or medium voltage level. This document does not cover direct current (DC) microgrids. IEC TS 62898-2 applies to operation and control of microgrids, including:
- operation modes and mode transfer;
- energy management system (EMS) and control of microgrids;
- communication and monitoring procedures;
- electrical energy storage;
- protection principle covering: principle for non-isolated microgrid, isolated microgrid, anti-islanding, synchronization and reclosing, power quality;
- commissioning, maintenance and test.