This document specifies OCC (Optical Camera Communication) as an access technology for localized communications applicable in ITS stations conforming with ISO 21217.
OCC access technology is specified for the implementation context of ISO 21218. This document provides specifications of a communication interface (CI) named "ITS-OCC".
This document specifies the additions to and deviations from IEEE 802.15.7:2018 which are required in order to make ITS-OCC CIs compatible with:
- the ITS station and communication architecture specified in ISO 21217, and
- the hybrid communications support specified in ISO 21218.
This document specifies:
- an OCC profile of IEEE 802.15.7:2018 for usage in C-ITS;
- details of CAL (ISO 21218); and
- details of MAE (ISO 21218, ISO 24102-3).
NOTE Considering safety-related services involving communications between a vehicle and a roadside station being performed on the basis of OCC, it is noted that, due to shadowing, communications can be interrupted or blocked for a significantly long time.