IEC 61010-2-120:2016 specifies particular safety requirements for the following types of electrical equipment and their accessories, wherever they are intended to be used, which fall under a), b), or c) below and present HAZARDS from the power driven moving parts according to one or more of the items 1) to 5) used by the equipment for a specific application.
1) An assembly, fitted with or intended to be fitted with a drive system other than directly applied human or animal effort, consisting of linked parts or components, at least one of which moves, and which are joined together for a specific application.
2) An assembly referred to in item 1), missing only the components to connect it on site or to sources of energy and motion.
3) An assembly referred to in items 1) and 2), ready to be installed and able to function as it stands only if mounted on a means of transport, or installed in a building or a structure.
4) Assemblies referred to in items 1), 2) and 3) or partly completed assemblies which, in order to achieve the same end, are arranged and controlled so that they function as an integral whole. A partly completed assembly is equipment which cannot perform a specific application by itself. A partly completed assembly is only intended to be incorporated into, or assembled with, other equipment, thereby forming equipment to which this standard applies.
5) An assembly of linked parts or components, at least one of which moves and which are joined together, intended for lifting loads and whose only power source is directly applied human effort.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61010-1:2010.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104